SKILLS & TRAINING NEEDS SURVEY DASHBOARD
Recruitment and skills | October 28th 2019
Skills and training needs research
The Cornwall & Isles of Scilly Skills Hub worked with PFA Research to deliver the largest ever survey of Cornish businesses into their skills and training needs.
The survey captured the aspirations of over 1,000 businesses in Cornwall & Isles of Scilly to improve their productivity or to grow, with the supply and demand of skills. It also provided important evidence of business’ experience of accessing skills and the impact that skills investment has had on businesses.
Key findings include:
- 48% have recruited or tried to recruit in the last 12 months
- Of which 52% had difficulties recruiting
- 18% are trying to recruit now
- Of which they have on average 2.7 vacancies
- And a quarter (25%) have been looking for more than 6 months
- 84% say vacancies are having an impact on the business
Survey findings are available to explore through an online interactive dashboard (open in new tab). The dashboard is live and continues to be updated.
More from Recruitment and skills
CORNWALL BUSINESS ACTIVITY, SIZE AND LOCATION 2019
The 2019 overview of Cornwall business activity, size and location with some comparisons to South West and UK data.
THE DIGITAL, ALWAYS-ON LEARNING OPPORTUNITY
In an effort to increase the average weekly earnings in Cornwall, is Cornwall Council's best approach to invest in online learning?